How I work through Fighting Monkey Practice
We will train and work deeply together to develop a practice that fits your personal vision, aims and needs.
I will individually guide you in tailoring a practice that will help you improve your posture, structure and physical qualities as much as they inter-relate with your thinking, emotional life and behavioural patterns - your "psychophysical" health, to say it with a nice word.
We will investigate your ageing process and how a movement practice can serve you as a frequent check-up of how you are developing, to increase chances of long-term health and help you excel in whatever you wish. This is foremost the goal beyond anything else:
what do we lose as we age and how can we reverse this process and improve the quality of your life?
You will be introduced to a diversity of practices and training environments, such as:
- Full-body form for health of all joints that serves both as a physical and observational practice
- Movement and brain games that reflect and test how you cope under a variety of pressures: "as in games, as in life"
- Complex coordination practice to expand motion of limbs beyond your daily limited way of movement expression, to improve circulation and diversify your learning strategies
- Training with abstract objects to keep creative exploration alive
- Zero situations as frequent observational stillness exercises: sitting still, standing still in different postures, walking and games
- Self-regulation practice to learn to deeply trust the healing capacity of your own body
- Rehab of past injuries
- Literature recommendations
Sessions can take place at parks in Antwerp, our training space of Elite Athletes in Merksem, or a location of your choice.
Current clients finding benefit in my work range from business people, creatives, managers, athletes, performers, kids and movers.
Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to work together or fill in the form below.
*The content I teach is largely based on my study and collaboration as instructor with Fighting Monkey Practice, a cross-disciplinary platform (dance, sports, theatre, special forces, mental coaching, communication) that brings a highly innovative approach to movement practice.