Working with me
Movement of the body in its widest sense is a medium and metaphor I use in my work to help you draw connections that extend to other things happening in your life.
In my work I focus on developing skills and qualities that widen your perception, possibilities and curiosity in life. Things we often lose as we grow older, shorter and narrower. A great master once said it like this: "become a kid again." What does this mean beyond literal interpretation is what interests me, and I wish for you.
Together we focus on developing a personal practice of physical and observational activities and exercises built around your goals and challenges.
The bigger aim is towards improving the quality of your life and what is standing in your way of doing what you want to do, always with the idea of healthy and meaningful ageing in mind.
How I work
We will train and work deeply together to develop a movement practice that fits your personal vision, aims and needs.
I will individually guide you in tailoring a practice that will help you improve your posture, structure and physical qualities as much as they inter-relate with your thinking, emotional life and behavioural patterns - your "psychophysical" health, to say it with a nice word.
We will investigate your ageing process and how a movement practice can serve you as a frequent check-up of how you are developing, to increase chances of long-term health and help you excel in whatever you wish. This is foremost the goal beyond anything else:
what do we lose as we age and how can we reverse this process and improve the quality of your life?
You will be introduced to a diversity of practices and training environments, such as:
- Full-body form for health of all joints that serves both as a physical and observational practice
- Movement and brain games that reflect and test how you cope under a variety of pressures: "as in games, as in life"
- Complex coordination practice to expand motion of limbs beyond your daily limited way of movement expression, to improve circulation and diversify your learning strategies
- Training with abstract objects to keep creative exploration alive
- Zero situations as frequent observational stillness exercises: sitting still, standing still in different postures, walking and games
- Self-regulation practice to learn to deeply trust the healing capacity of your own body
- Rehab of past injuries
- Literature recommendations
Sessions can take place at parks in Antwerp, our training space of Elite Athletes in Merksem, or a location of your choice.
Current clients finding benefit in my work range from business people, creatives, managers, athletes, performers, kids and movers.
Mail me at email@example.com to work together or fill in the form below.
*The content I teach is largely based on my study and collaboration as instructor with Fighting Monkey Practice, a cross-disciplinary platform (dance, sports, theatre, special forces, mental coaching, communication) that brings a highly innovative approach to movement practice.